Why do I do it?

I don't blog much and I'm curious as to what, on those odd occasions, finally drives me over the edge.

It seems to be a desire to clear my head of some on-going irritation or a minor thought that just won't go away and needs to be expressed. Writing it down seems to be a way of exorcising it - just like writing a note to myself and leaving it on the kitchen table helps me sleep if I'm travelling the next day.

Of course blogging about it brings in the dubious advantage of turning the whole process into a public display. There is a possible upside - the right to wear an "I told you so" T-shirt when the rest of the world realises that you really did identify the crux of the problem and offered a simple "Why don't they just...." solution. The downsides seem rather more numerous and more likely; people are privy to the odd things that bother you and, worse still, you're not even right about them.

I write this because I feel a deep resevoir of irritations developing that will need release in the near future.

But, in an attempt at some level of objectivity, I need to look back at my January post. It was written just before the launch of the iPad.

T-shirt score to date : zero out of one. 

The iPad did not have a revolutionary approach to content input - more importantly it didn't need one. It was already significant for being a better way to consume [various types of] content. Why wasn't that enough for me?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SmartLink

A Review of hReview

Speculations about developing with iCloud